• Child welfare: thorough understanding of Child and Family Services Act, case management of children and youth in foster care, developing
permanency plans for youth, establishing case conferences, preparing legal documents, completing safety, risk, outcomes-based assessments.
• Social Services: supervising and counselling within developmental disabilities services, women who have experienced domestic violence, and youth programs for at-needs communities, diversity and ethnic relations, anti-oppression and anti-Black racism.
• Clinical counselling and supervision: psychotherapy and play therapy services to children, families, couples and adults, intensive support to youth involved in criminal justice system, supervising placement students and facilitating peer supervision meetings, supportive counselling and Employee Assistance Program services.
• Clinical assessments: custody and access s.112 assessments, trauma assessments, psychosocial assessments, family reunification program assessments
• Teaching, program development and facilitating workshops; Equity leadership & training; Curriculum and program development and course design for training specific to parent education, trauma intervention and teaching, cultural competency and anti-oppression, developing course evaluations and feedback, youth programming.
• Master of Social Work Degree, University of Windsor- January 2015- December 2016
• Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, Yorkville University- September 2009-January 2012~ focus upon understanding Mental Illness, Research and Methodology, Counseling Approaches, and Therapy Models. Placement (400hrs) was completed at private practice working with youth and families who have experienced abuse and neglect.
• Bachelor of Social Work, York University -September – 2006-June 2010- focus upon cultural awareness and counseling skills within an anti-oppressive approach. Placement (750 hours) was completed at Tropicana Community Services in a grassroots program aimed at engaging youth in high risk neighborhoods in civic engagement and community progress.
• Bachelor of Arts- Honors Degree, University of Toronto, Scarborough College-September 1996-June 2000- focus upon cultural and historical arts and sciences, psychology and sociology. Specialist Degree in History and Minor in Sociology
RECENT EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
Community Inclusivity & Equity Council of York Region – Project Manager – March 2017- Dec. 2018
• Develop and coordinate a leadership course for senior leaders throughout Ontario, support the development of course instructors, manage Grant funds and objectives, develop advertising and marketing strategies, coordinate venue locations.
Aset Group Consulting & Counselling Services- Clinical Director – Jan. 2015-Present
• Clinical director and supervision provided to student graduate and undergraduate interns; Developed private practice focusing on providing psychotherapy, counselling and crisis services to children, youth, families, couples and adults; Developed, initiated and facilitated group programs for youth and adult women using a cognitive behavior and dialectical behavior therapy approach
• Managed day to day business functions through development of a comprehensive business plan, annual reporting and marketing plan, accounting, developing and maintaining website, networking and working with other professionals, developing social media presence, and updating special interest blog.