Volunteer to be Part of PACE’s Dynamic Team
Are you looking for a way to make a difference in your community? Or to make a difference in the lives of young children? Then why not consider applying for a position on the PACE Canada Board of Directors.
At our next Annual General Meeting we have a number of positions available, so now is the best time to get involved. Each position is for a 2-year term.
Listed below are the available positions for you to review and consider, and then apply by sending your resume or brief bio via email to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
We look forward to hearing from you.
* Shall be the Chairman of the Board of the corporation. She shall preside at all Members
meetings of the corporation, the Executive Committee and of the Board of Directors;
* She shall have the general and active management of the affairs of the corporation;
* She shall see that all orders and resolutions of the Board of Directors are carried into effect;
* Be spokesperson for the organization, with approval from the Board, in all matters affecting
* Provide a written report at each membership meeting. In conjunction with the Board, appoint
any ad hoc committees necessary to the general administration of the organization, ensuring
that the general membership is represented on such committees.
• Custodian of financial records for the organization
• Prepares invoices, receipts and cheques
• Counter signs cheques along with other designated Board members
• Balances and provides auditable statements of Bank accounts and financial transactions at each Operating
Committee and Board Meetings
• Assists with management of funds at all functions
• Liaisons with the appointed Auditor to develop annual audited financial report and tax filings in timely manner
• Serves on standing or ad-hoc committees as required
• Coordinates the work of part time admin staff in the office
• Chair the AAS committee and submit written reports or minutes of activities of the committee to monthly meetings of the Executive Officers
• Prepare an annual report of the committee activities for submission to members at the AGM.
• Establishes plans to increase number of adopted schools in Jamaica
• Works with the Strawberry Social (June) and AAS Brunch committees (Nov) to plan these events
• Ensure sponsors receive feedback from schools
• Liaison with Jamaican Ministry of Education, and Early Childhood Commission (ECC) for effective management of program
• Help to coordinate funds distribution to ECC
• Organize Fields trips to visit schools in Jamaica as needed
Education and Chilldren’s Wellbeing
* Works closely with the AAS chair to develop and present educational programs for children and parents
* Spokesperson for PACE
* Provide written reports at each meeting
Director At Large
* Chair one of the committees and submit written reports or minutes of activities of the committee to monthly meetings of the Executive Committee
* Prepare an annual report of the committee activities for submission to members at the annual meeting
* Assist the President when called upon to do so
* Operate as a link between the President and the members.